Brave locked profile won't launch on Fedora 39 KDE (how do i unlock it?)

Description of the issue:
Unable to launch/open Brave on Fedora 39 KDE due to a locked profile. More Info down below.
I don’t know how to unlock the profile.
Had a similar problem sometime ago but it had prompted a Window where i could unlock the profile. Now i am getting nothing.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
IDK how i got to this problem.

Launching Brave

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Nothing when launching via Krunner

This error message when trying via bash:

[6868:6868:1129/205557.817953:ERROR:process_singleton_posix.cc(353)] The profile appears to be in use by another Brave process (5603) on another computer (fedora). Brave has locked the profile so that it doesn’t get corrupted. If you are sure no other processes are using this profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Brave.
[6868:6868:1129/205557.818035:ERROR:message_box_dialog.cc(146)] Unable to show a dialog outside the UI thread message loop: Brave - The profile appears to be in use by another Brave process (5603) on another computer (fedora). B
rave has locked the profile so that it doesn’t get corrupted. If you are sure no other processes are using this profile, you can unlock the profile and relaunch Brave.

Expected result:
Brave should open

Reproduces how often:
Everytime. Tried rebooting.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Brave Version:
Brave Browser 119.1.60.118

Additional Information:

there are no brave processes of my profiles running on any other device.
I am running dual boot with Windows 10 and Fedora 39 KDE
Brave works perfectly fine on Windows. But whenever i try to lauch it in fedora it fails.
Hadn’t encountered this exact issue before.

3 Likes

I have the identical problem after sudo dnf update. Also Fedora 39 KDE

Hi i had the same problem i fixed it by removing this 3 files from .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser.

The 3 files recreated themselves when I opened Brave.

2 Likes

Hi i had the same problem i fixed it by removing this 3 files from .config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser.

The 3 files recreated themselves when I opened Brave.

I think you’re right, but only the ~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/SingletonLock file should need to be removed.

Github issue 11829

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies! It unlocked itself the next day but still thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.