Brave location accuracy is off by 80+miles

Brave Browser locates me 87 mile from home. ALL other browsers work fine.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a brave tab
  2. Go to https://www.google.com/maps
  3. Click the location icon in google maps
  4. observe the incorrect location

Expected result:
Brave should be able to read the location if EVERY OTHER browser can

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.37.113 Chromium: 100.0.4896.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
This is extremely annoying because I can see many others have had and have the issue. Tickets have been opened and closed over a three year period. This is enough to make me switch to Firefox if I cannot get this to work. Hacking flags that don’t even exist anymore is far beyond the normal user ability. Please spend the time to address the issue.

I am not running a VPN.

Every other browser gets it correct

@Jstrattman ,

Privacy and Security, are the stated objective in Brave Software writings.

Important that grasping, intrusive, snooping, personal info scraping, tagging-and-tracking Google . . . not know.

I much prefer that Brave not reveal.

And, as you say, there are plenty of other Internet browsers – among them, Google Chrome with which, people who choose convenience OVER privacy and security, can allow Google to monitor their lives.

The benefit you seek, is provided with Chrome, and apparently with Firefox.

Why are you using Brave Browser?

I choose to share location with some sites. Most I block. Why wouldn’t my explicit choice to share my location be honored correctly?

There are several tickets where Brave acknowledges the problem, provides some hacks, but those hacks use flags that are gone now as best I can tell. I’d be fine with Brave explicitly saying we are a browser that WILL NOT support accurate location but I didn’t see that anywhere.

you?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.