Brave linked wallet cap

I work in IT and am constantly getting new devices for testing, such as new OS’, new builds, or just clean wiping my machine.

Since June I’ve been unable to successfully link my wallet on any of my devices because I have reached my 4 device limit, which even if this was reset to “0” today I would probably cap out again in the next year.

Is there anything I can do? Currently I have a decent amount of BAT sitting on 2 devices that I can’t do anything with because of this, and what really sucks is I’ll probably lose at least half of it once I refresh my device in the next month.

Thank you

you can reset 1 device only using this. Unable to re-verify wallet - #118 by Mattches

Thanks, it sounds like that helps for previously linked devices which is great.

However, for my job I have 4 devices at all times that I use Brave with, and I have those devices refreshed every 3-6 months, so I hit my cap every time I have a refresh.

Unfortunately at this time there is no way to manually unlink devices. That may come to us eventually and not sure how many devices we can unlink. In your case as well as a lot of others, unfortunately for those who constantly re format devices or upgrade there is nothing more that can be done at this time.

I don’t think it is mentioned that only one device can be unlinked with the tutorial.

Not sure if it was either, however, the post written by maatches does state that

My bad, I missed that part, went through the whole post again and found it where maatches mentions only 1 device can be unlinked.
Which creates a problem for me as my 3 device limit is reached currently. I bought a new phone on which I would like to “earn” bat and also installed a new OS on my laptop. So, I will need to unlink two devices, but I can do only one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.