Brave Lags whole computer. Profile keeps getting corrupted?

Is there a way to keep my preferences/bookmarks/extensions and just delete or override the core files?

Been using Brave for over a year now. Since the last 2 updates Brave gets extremely slow to load anything and my computer starts lagging. When looking at activity monitor I can see occasionally a CPU spike from Brave but it mostly looks okay. Even the new tab takes like 3-4 seconds to show the new tab image and stats.

At bottom left of browser it says waiting for cache.

Ive identified the problem with something getting corrupted in my profile. I did a fresh install a little over a week ago that seemed to have fixed it but it’s happening again. Creating a new profile seems to fix it this go around.

I really don’t want to have to export my bookmarks and settings on my adblocker plus and safescritps again. (not to mention the wallet wouldn’t restore)

MacOS High Sierra

Brave Version( check About Brave ):
Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If creating a new profile fixes your issue, then there is something going on with your first profile.

Do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you try disabling them all and seeing if the issues persists?

Yes it’s something to do with the first profile. But I did a complete reinstallation the first time this happened (removed my brave-browser folder in Application Support). And after a week the same thing happened. Seems something corrupts the profile or the database of that profile.

I have already done a completely new installation, which for now has fixed it. If it happens again I can disable my extensions to see if maybe they are the one’s getting corrupted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.