Brave keeps sign off my soundcloud account

Hello everyone,

After investigating for several weeks, I need your help.

I have different accounts that are connected in SSO. The only one that doesn’t keep the connection active in brave is my Soundcloud account.

After 1-2 weeks, the website disconnects me from the soundcloud account. I have to reconnect every time. What’s more, my soundcloud account has no connection with any other music provider (Apple / spotify), so there’s no api call for the connection.

What I tried:

• Revoke open sessions in the soundcloud account
  • Uninstall + Reinstall Brave
  • Check my browser settings
  • Check cookies

I confess I’m a bit confused and this is the only website that doesn’t keep SSO.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

@Arah it’s possible they have their cookies set to expire in that timeframe for security.

I just want to confirm

• You are only being logged out of Soundcloud? Not anything else?

• And you went through all your Shields settings (via the lion Shields icon, image to make sure didn’t select Forget me when I close this site and to be sure you’re not blocking all cookies)

• You don’t have SoundCloud listed at brave://settings/cookies under Sites that clear cookies when you close them or Sites that can never use cookies, right?

• Lastly, this is happening every 1-2 weeks and not on a daily or per session basis, right?

Also helpful to know:

• Which Windows are you using? (7/8/10/11)?

• Which version of Brave are you using? (Exact number, not just “latest” for answer)

Hey @Saoiray , thanks for replying.

Yes, im getting logged out on Soundcloud only. It’s the only website that has this behavior

I don’t have the option enable : Forget me when I close this site.

For the cookies, i dont have soundcloud listed in clear cookies when you close them / sites that can never use cookies

Approximately i think it’s happening every 1-2 weeks. I cleared my history, and logged on tonight (note the date/time) and ill see when its not working anymore.

• Windows 10

• Version 1.61.116 Chromium: 120.0.6099.217

Hope this helps.

Based on what you’re saying, I’m wondering if it’s just the website that has the cookies set to expire after a certain time. One way of checking would be to test using other browsers as well, especially Chrome or Chromium.

Only other thing to visit might be extensions or some cleaning program (like if you use CCleaner, Avast Cleanup, etc), or whatever else. But usually would expect to see more than just one website being impacted if that was the case.

I will tag in @Mattches though just in case he has any other ideas

1 Like

@Saoiray seems to have covered all the bases here. I think that if you are being consistently logged out out in the same timeframe then it is likely the site itself that is the cause.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.