Brave keeps crashing randomly

The same issue in two different computers with hardware acceleration and all extension disabled and no cards.

It happens so often, every 5 minutes max.

@Bia10 @marampou @rulinho can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

1 Like

Same problem, all extensions disabled, everything in the dashboard (cards, stats, news) hidden.

There’s actually nothing recent in brave://crashes, as these are not crashes. The browser just closes itself.

@Starless @rulinho @rulinho @marampou @Bia10 can you also confirm your OS?

This is also happening to me, but it seems to also happen on Opera GX, might be a chromium bug.

1 Like

I have the same problem brave closing itself for no reason please solve it soon as possible

Windows 10 Pro. This has been happening for 3-4 days, so both before and after windows 10 latest update.

Yeah, it has been happening to me since 4 days too

@Bia10 and everyone else. If you’ve already provided this info or tried steps, then disregard. But otherwise I’m just doing a copy/paste of something I shared with someone else experiencing problems.

Info needed: (some of which Steeven has already asked)

• Brave version you’re using

• Which OS you’re using

• If you see any crashes listed at brave://crashes (if you do, the Crash ID for them)

• When does this happen? For example, if you open Brave and do nothing, will it close? Are you navigating to certain sites or types of content?

Then I have steps for you to try and advise if you notice any changes. Do each one step at a time. (So do a step, test, see if it still happens)

• Disable all extensions.

• Toggle Use hardware acceleration when available in your browser. Setting for this is at brave://settings/system

• Create a new browser profile. Does this still happen in that profile? (make sure not to install any extensions when doing this)

• Disable antivirus/firewall. (just to see if they might be doing it)

Last person who went through that list said that the issue stopped when they created a new profile. This suggests extensions, settings, or cookies at the likely cause. But I’m not sure if it’s the same for each of you. Also as I informed them, a while back someone had disabled extensions but had issues. They ended up uninstalling extensions and it worked. Somehow, even when disabled, extension as able to interfere. It was a while back so I can’t quote it, just have it on my mind.

So do try to go through and check, as these steps help to narrow down issues. Same with trying to figure if there’s any particular type of activity you’re doing, such as loading video content, that might trigger this.

I, too have the same problem with all extensions disabled. I created an account to report this.

This is ALSO HAPPENING with Edge and Chrome as well. Firefox is fine, Opera is fine.

All newest versions of the browsers.

I have: Completely reinstalled brave (and chrome and repaired Edge), tried every combo

System:

Ryzen 7 AMD 2700x 8 core
32gb ram
windows 10 professional
nvida 1660 super
ASrok x570 Phantom
All system temps normal.
All updated drivers for everything.

My PC has been completely stable since built it - 2 years ago.

this problem just started happening about a week ago. I could get 1-2 crashed a day. Now it’s 10-20 times a day.

It crashed while I was writing this reply.

1 Like

Yeah, chromium is probably bugged, had the problem with brave beta (which has latest chromium)

1 Like

Brave 1.45.118
Windows 10 Pro
No recent crashes on list (last one on June)
It doesn’t matter what you’re doing. It happened while writing this message, watching a video, it even closed itself while it was tabbed down with a single google homepage tab.

I tried everything on Saoiray’s list, toggled hardware acceleration, disabled Windows firewall, created a brand new profile with no extension installed. Still closing itself regularly (5-10 minutes max).

2 Likes

Brave 1.45.118
Windowds 11 Pro
I tried everything disabled Windows firewall, created a brand new profile with no extension installed. Still closing itself regularly (5-10 minutes max) Please fix this problem because this from 1 week no solved :frowning:

1 Like

Win 10 pro latest update

Just to be clear:

This also happens on other chromium based browsers just with different frequency.

These things had none effect:

Cleaning browsing data
Disabling extensions
Removing extensions
Disabling hw acceleration
Disabling cards
Creating new profile

It can occur at any time, even when just leaving browser idle at homepage.

And actually its not crashing per se, its more like forced shutdown as it seems to run the exit procedure.

brave crashes have none events related

3 Likes

“Yes. It’s a garbage browser. Total shite.”

What are you talking about?

I’ve been on the web since 1993. It’s one of the best browsers I’ve ever used.

I have used them all.

Second: Netscape.
Third: Firefox

It’s literally been my job to build and test websites for nearly 30 years. I used to email Yahoo! devs DIRECTLY to update their website, back when it was hand-collated. And get personal replies!

What’s my point? When I say it’s the best: It’s a professional, qualified reply.

What is in your head?

2 Likes

Thanks all, we’ve just released an update with a Chromium bump - Release Channel 1.45.123. Please let me know if the issue continues.

Thank you as always!

4 Likes

Fixed!. Thank you. Everything is working well now.

1 Like

FIXED!

Stable all day!

Thanks dudes!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.