Brave keeps crashing 05-10-2023

05-10-2023 - Brave keeps crashing since yesterday. I have reinstalled it twice after deleting my Brave Data folder but the problem persists.
I also keep getting error messages that my extensions have crashed.
I’m now using DuckDuckGo and will continue to do so until the problem is resolved.
I’m Using Win 11 22H2 x64 OS to latest upgrades and updates.

@Geronimo,
Are you seeing this error message about your extensions crashing appear after deleting all your user data folder?

1 Like

Yes. I mentioned that I deleted my User Data folder after the uninstall and started with a new and fresh User Data folder. The problem still persists. I’m now having to use either DuckDuckGo or Chrome again and have had no problems with both browsers. I had previously reported freezing instances while I was using Brave and WhatsApp Desktop at the same time.

1 Like

Brave keeps crashing since 05-10-2023. I have reinstalled it twice after deleting my Brave Data folder but the problem persists.
I also keep getting error messages that my extensions have crashed.

I deleted my User Data folder after the uninstall and started with a new and fresh User Data folder. The problem still persists. I’m now having to use either DuckDuckGo or Chrome again and have had no problems with both browsers. I had previously reported freezing instances while I was using Brave and WhatsApp Desktop at the same time.

9443DA40F17445589286BA1D7573EDCE.png

Can you please try downloading the Beta build of the browser and tell me if it also crashes after installing?

Hello once more.

I uninstalled Brave again, backed up and deleted my User Data folder, then downloaded the Beta build and installed it as suggested. I used Chrome for a day and as soon as I started using Brave again the system hangs and extension crashes returned.

Is there an troubleshooting App or usage log I can check and forward to you.?
I will use DuckDuckGo instead. However, it is slower than Brave… Just as slow as a VPN.

I find the VPN in Brave a little faster than my ProtonVPN and would prefer to use it.

Please advise,

Thanks, Regards,

~ Jero ~

9443DA40F17445589286BA1D7573EDCE.png

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.