Brave keeps automatically launching

Hey, my Brave browser automatically launches a specific page every time I start my PC. Whether waking it from hibernation or restarting my PC. I’ve tried looking at the browser settings and my PCs settings to no avail. How do I rectify this?

I’ve tried searching for solutions but I’ve only seen a mac version of this solution.

[Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎13/‎09/‎2020
OS build 19043.1415
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Hi @Wings welcome to Community

Do you mean that it is starting on launch?

Hello @SaltyBanana, thank you and apologies if I was unclear.

The Brave browser would open every time I start my computer. Without me pressing any buttons, I was thinking it was a startup issue but I couldn’t find any solutions. What’s even weirder is it starts on a specific website, even though I have specifically set it to ‘On start up’ > ‘Open the new tab page’.

Thanks for clarifying,

My suspicion is that maybe in your PC settings it might be set on start up.
You can double check this but going to your PC settings > Apps > Start up and see if Brave is set to open on start up.

If you are able to share a screen recording of what is happening will provide more information what might be happening.

Much thanks

I’ve had a look at the startup apps, however Brave isn’t there. Could anything else be triggering Brave to launch?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.