Brave is very slow

if i create a new tab in private window, though, it’s instantaneous and fast

also not in private window, if i follow a link to a new tab it’s instantaneous and fast, it’s just if i create a new empty tab it takes 50 seconds of spinning wheels before it works

1 Like

I also have issues since a couple of days, if I close Brave and I put it back on, the websites takre around 5 to 10 seconds to reload,and after that everything works fine. Every time I put it off and back on it needs this time to start up… weird, cus it is very annoying and I would like to keep using Brave

Yeah same here to the point its unusable and I have a plenty of system resources I run this on. 24 thread CPU with 64GB ram on M.2 SSD’s, 2 GeForce 1080 TI’s running in SLI. Not bragging, just making a point that it’s def not my system. Run’s terrible. Slow loading and choppy. No clue it just started happening today.

2 Likes

Yeah, here too. I’ve made a new instalatiion of Windows and after I downloaded Brave again it is soo slow, I think it didn’t had this profile thing before too, I’ll try downloading an older version idk

For anyone in this thread experiencing slow performance, can you please tell me:

1. What OS you’re on?
  2. What Brave version you’re using?
  3. Does the browser run any better when using a fresh profile (Menu --> Create new profile)?
  4. Does the browser run any better with extensions disabled?
  5. What browser-specific processes are using the most resources (Menu --> More Tools --> Task Manager – you’re welcome to just submit a screenshot of the task manager for sake of ease. Note that I’m asking about the built-in browser task manager, not the task manager of your OS)?

I posted a similar thread (I added a video on my post: Performance issue)

1. Ubuntu and Windows same issue
  2. Versión 1.8.90 (Ubuntu and Windows)
  3. No
  4. No
  5. GoCharting.com (Chart page first place, GPU second place)

GPU: nVidia
RAM: 6Gb

@Madbyte,
Can you visit gocharting.com, open the Shields panel in your address bar and change the Fingerprinting controls to All Fingerprinting attempts allowed and see if performance improves?

Done. Still the same slow responsive time.

@Madbyte,
I’m really not sure what to suggest here. If you have already:

• Disabled extensions
  • Tried browsing with a new profile
  • Changed Shields settings
  • Tried disabling Hardware Acceleration
  • Its not slow performance on just one specific site

Then we’re running out of ideas here. The next thing I think may help test would be to download the Brave Beta build (downloading/installing will not overwrite any data from your current Brave installation – thy will run in parallel) and see if you get the same results as you do. in the stable build.

@Madbyte,
Actually, can you explain more about what exactly the Gocharting.com “process” is?

I can try installing an older Brave version (On Windows) and report again later.

@Madbyte,
I would recommend specifically downloading the Beta, not an older version. The Beta has fixes/changes that have not yet made it into stable (or anything older than stable, obviously).

Got it. I had no issues with Brave and GoCharting.com using older versions than 1.8.86

@Madbyte,
I can’t seem to reproduce the issue you’re having on my end. I currently have all four Brave builds, with multiple windows and tabs including several YT videos and the gocharting Charts page (same one shown in your image above) on my laptop that is likely not as powerful as the machine you’re using at this time.

It’s very likely that the slow performance is caused by one particular running component here. Let me know what results you get when you try running the Beta

I’m trying to install beta version. I’m still waiting (Several minutes, about 15 till now) to the installer to start the download process…

Sin nombre

Ok. After a very slow install procedure (about 50 mins). Here the results
Brave: Version 1.9.67
Site: GoCharting.com (My profile chart)

Not moving the mouse:
Sin nombre0

Moving the mouse:

Considering that Brave already blocks most ads, this may be redundant. Nevertheless, check out https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/05/chrome-will-soon-block-resource-draining-ads-heres-how-to-turn-it-on-now/

I haven’t — personally — experienced unexpected heavy resource use with Brave, but enabling the relevant flag seems like a good prophylactic measure.

Brave was super fast yesterday when I installed it for the first time. Woke up this morning and sites took several minutes to load. Thought maybe internet related but Chrome is working just fine. Advice?

The thing here is that I’m not having any performance issue with the same site and conditions (OS, Machine, apps opened, etc) with other popular browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Even using Chrome the site is faster than Firefox. Sadly I had to leave Brave for the moment.

@Madbyte,
Thanks for the information. Let me do a couple more tests on my end and see if we can’t get this resolved.

2 Likes