Brave is using a ton of data

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
–Today I got a notification letting me know -that Brave was using- excessive data. When I checked the mobile data it showed it used 1.43GB so I checked Wi-Fi it showed it used 20.86GB of data. I am not sure when this started but my mobile -billing starts on the 15th of each month so this has happened with in the last few days. The only thing I can think of is that I just updated the app. I also tried setting up sync from my computer to my phone but don’t think I did it right as it didn’t seem to work. I also went into settings to try and turn off sync because it was the first thing I thought of that could of been the problem but it did not seem to be on. So just not sure what is going on. I also closed all my open tabs just in case that had something to do with it. I also restricted background data to try and prevent the problem. Any help would be appreciated. —
I don’t know how to recreate this problem.
Stop Brave using so much data. –
Brave 1.12.113 Chromium 190711.020
On Samsung S10±----------------------------------------------------

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.