Brave is not syncing across different Window managers

My current system:
Os
Manjaro Linux
Desktop environment
Gnome
Default Window manager
Gnome Default & Awesome wm

I installed awesome wm onto my Linux system. Every application that is on my system is still available on the other wm. When I launch brave (The same brave that is on the other window manager) nothing will sync, I can’t get the passwords or anything. As soon as I tick the box “Sync everything” the choice is not saved, if I refresh the page the box will then be unticked again.

Has anyone had the same issue? And if so, how do I go about fixing it?

Hello @Azzpr

my humble knowledge about linux the wm should not affect any app

i have a question if you run brave in gnome would it act normaly or you still have the same behaviour ?

could you disable all extension and see if it work fine or not

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Yes, The gnome environment is working fine, for some reason it’s only affected when I’m using awesome wm.

that’s wierd

let me ask @fmarier from the team to check that and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

It’s not clear to me whether you are talking about Brave Sync (i.e. syncing bookmarks, history and passwords between different machines) or being able to see the same passwords across desktop environments for a given user on the same machine.

If it’s the latter, then that’s not going to work because of the way that password encryption works in Chromium-based browsers like Brave. In order to encrypt your passwords on disk, the browser auto-detects your desktop environment and then picks the most appropriate “key chain” to store the password encryption key. If you’re running GNOME, that’s gnome-keyring; if you’re running KDE that’s kwallet.

You can however control the selection of the key chain using the --password-store option on the command line. For example:

brave-browser-stable --password-store=gnome
1 Like

@fmarier thanks for that new info i did not know that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.