Brave is not compatible with PC Matic Virus protection

Description of the issue:
I installed Brave for windows 64bit on my windows 10 PC’s (2 of them) same results and tests on both, I run PC Matic Virus blocker with PC Shield, when I tried to open Brave it won’t load web pages not even the welcome page access settings … nothing. I turned off PC Matic and retried Brave, it worked fine and even imported bookmarks and settings, but when I turned PC Matic back on Brave would not work again, I ran compatibility test set to run Brave under windows 8, after saving the setting and attempting to run Brave the problem still existed.
the only page says "Aw, Snap! something went wrong while displaying this webpage.
I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall this time without the PC Matic extension, same result.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Please make the browser compatible with PC Matic virus protection

Reproduces how often:
every time on multiple PC’s all running Win10

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10, Latest version of brave 1.3.118 Chromium 80.0.3987.116 official build 46bit
Additional Information:

What I do know about PC Matic is they use a Whitelisting system similar to COMODO. Sending them an email would probably sum it up quicker, due to it being their AV engine entirely. I don’t think that’s anything on Brave’s end.

Does the browser load pages in Chrome with the PC Matic extension?
What about if you remove the extension? Does it load pages?

Hope to hear from you soon!

-AASB

I don’t have any issues using any other browser, I don’t belive it is PC magic that has the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.