Brave is not accumulating BAT Tokens anymore

For the past several days, I have not accumulated any BAT Tokens.
The balance has remained at 5.295 for the past 6 days, making 3/11 the last day I received any tokens.

7 Likes

I have had the same issue. 2 Browsers on 2 different computers (on 2 different ISPs) both win 10 stopped showing ads and stopped paying BAT for sponsored images on the 11th. My Android phone still works though.

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve been stuck on 6.285 since March 5 (the payout date).

As Rosiecar said :

Yo.

2 Likes

I feel like this is different. I was seeing ads and accumulating up until March 11th. Then it stopped working on two different systems at the same time. I am not getting ads at all so there will be nothing to pay out. I was getting a lot of ads up until the 11th and then it stopped entirely. I understand there is something wrong on Brave’s side. As far as “PLENTY” of response I disagree.

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Since the update 1.21.76 on PC, the 13th of March, I see sponsored ads but they aren’t rewarding and if I don’t click to the link, they doesn’t appear on my ads history. No pop up ads. They aren’t counted too, number of viewed ads stay the same. My BAT count is frozen. Lots of subjects on this issue.
According to rosiecar, Brave team works on.

Wait and see at the next payout. :slight_smile:

Yo.

3 Likes

I am not sure where Rosiecar is seeing these responses because I have not seen any from an official brave source that has been posted in the last week. Her response is in a thread that was posted back in the beginning of February. I would just like to see someone from Brave pop up in something recent.

@Mattches liked, so it’s still relevant I guess.

1 Like

I just downloaded the nightly and the issue exists there too.

2 Likes

Now, it remains to be seen how support will determine the number of ads seen by the user that are not counted in the history … :smiley:

Sorry I speak better french. :joy:

2 Likes

I have this experience back in the late 2020. Have you updated the brave browser? Make sure you close down all brave pages and start it up again. Disconnecting and reconnecting your uphold wallet can work too. Just my suggestions that worked out for me.

1 Like

I am pretty sure I updated on the 11th and that is when it stopped working. I am running the current version, I have also tried running the nightly build and that doesn’t work either. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the wallet and still nothing. If you are running the current build (Version 1.21.77 Chromium: 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on windows 10 and it is working I would actually be surprised.

@bmorrow

I’m doing it and is working correctly on win10 and win8.

Not even push notifications? Have you tried creating a new profile to see if the rewards work there?

1 Like

Confirmed on multiple computers as well. My Home Theater PC, my laptop, my work PC, none of them are collecting BAT anymore.
Edit: Should mention I tried reinstalling as well

Yes I have created a new profile. I even spun up a new VM and did a fresh install without syncing at all. There is something wrong with this build. My next step is to find an older build and see if reverting works. Have to wait for my kids to go to bed though.

1 Like

@bmorrow @chiefgyk3d @danjspearman @tanyabe Are you using a VPN? If so, that may be blocking Brave from refilling its ads catalog. The temporary fix (while the Brave team works on a permanent one) is to disable your VPN once per day to let the ads catalog refill. As soon as you start to see ads, you can re-enable your VPN.

1 Like

Hi rosiecar. Your answer is interesting. Windows 10 hasn’t a native VPN ? Opera browser has his own VPN, it’s installed on my PC, you believe it can be the reason of issue ? :thinking:

Yo.

1 Like

It’s definitely possible. It’s worth trying to disable it for a few minutes, (and maybe restart the browser) to see whether it starts the ads flowing again. I can tell you it worked here. But if you’re using Opera browser, you won’t get any ads on Opera, anyway.

1 Like

It’s a intern VPN of the browser Opera, so I think it isn’t guilty of issue. I unable it on Opera.
Windows 10 hasn’t VPN.
I’ll try to restart Brave.

1 Like

So you are not using any other VPN while you are using Brave? If not, then your issue is something else.