Brave is no longer blocking ads

Brave is no longer blocking ads for me on Youtube. it is also not giving me the option to skip the ad. I have not received payment for March 2020 and it is now April 23, 2020.

I also have this error Uh oh. Your wallet is unreachable.

No worries. This can happen for a variety of security reasons. Reconnecting your wallet will solve this issue.

Is there an update for Brave I have to get? If so how do I get it to fix these problems?

Can you try Why do ads keep playing on youtube !??

That may have solved the ad blocking problem on YouTube. I still have a problem where I am not getting paid in BAT for the previous months ad revenue and the error message shown in the image attached.

What is this error for and how do I fix it? Is this error connected to why I have not received payment for March yet?

1 Like

@BrSP click the X butto at the upper right of the error message.

1 Like

eljuno

Contributor

April 24

@BrSP click the X butto at the upper right of the error message.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

BrSP

April 24

That may have solved the ad blocking problem on YouTube. I still have a problem where I am not getting paid in BAT for the previous months ad revenue and the error message shown in the image attached. What is this error for and how do I fix it? Is this error connected to why I have not received pay…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I really hope I’m in the right spot here.

As the Title suggests, a few days ago the Brave Browser just seemed to suddenly stop blocking ads. Youtube’s time consuming ads was one of the last I noticed and when I decided to try to see if there was some sort of update, which is where my problem leading to this predicament began.

The original I have been seamlessly watching movies and tv shows at www . lookmovie . ag with never a problem. A week or so ago it began to seemingly start to take notice of an ‘ad blocker’. I ignored this for a week or so, but then another ad began showing it’s ugly face claiming my ‘McAfee’ expired (I don’t even us it) and then a big ‘google chrome’ looking ad (X up in the right top corner to close it) trying to luring me into downloading something to find ‘movies to watch’. Baloney, of course, I did no such thing.

I’d just close the ads and continue but once I discovered youtube was able to present it bombardment of marketing to me, I figured the gig was up, Corp. had updated and so Brave MUST have an update, and sure enough I’m pretty sure I found it.

… but it just wouldn’t install, it kept giving me this error: “Installation failed due to unspecified error. If Brave is currently running, please close it and try again.” - but I promise, it wasn’t running, even in device manager. Over and over again the installation of update failed, I even added the ‘bravebrowsersetup.exe’ to BitDefender’s trusted applications & programs to no avail.

… So then I got bright and though, “well maybe I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it”. That was worse, uninstalling it gave me an error, saying something about not being able to, I don’t know, remove a file or 2, but then it removed it’s icon from Add Remove Programs, anyhow and so there I was, well, am, no Brave Browser and unable to install it back again.

After trying Windows System Restore, well, that failed too for some reason and then I came here.

I’m sorry, I really wish I had of just come here first.

Is there any help or am I forever condemned to Chrome’s prying Big Brother like eyes? You’re assistance on this matter would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely,

RoosterBoy

So sadly, now I don’t even have a Brave Browser to even trouble shoot, as I can’t get it to re-install. Something is terribly amiss…

I think one of the movie sites guru’s has detected not only that users (me) was using an ad blocker, but figured out what one and somehow managed to poke holes in your work and is now blocking the updating, uninstalling & reinstalling of this wonderful browser.

Contacted BitDefender about this, explaining everything, I hope by clearing up any possible infection will clear my path to re-installing this awesome Browser because without, I simply do not feel ‘brave’ about my browsing anymore :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.