Brave iOS 1.34.1 Bookmarks icon shortcut bug - ignores display orientation

Description of the issue:

BUG: When viewing a webpage in landscape mode, tapping the Bookmarks icon shortcut, causes/forces the display to change to portrait mode.

User then has to orient the iPhone to the portrait holding (portrait mode), then proceed with the intended Bookmarks processing . . . and then orient the iPhone back to the landscape holding (landscape mode).

While testing, toggled each of the following swiches, with no change in behavior of the bug:

• iPhone display screen orientation switch

• Brave iOS Bookmarks shortcut switch

Repeatable. Occurs for all webpages (tested several, so far).

iOS 14.8.1 - iPhone 8

Brave iOS version 1.34.1 (22.1.20.22) [just updated yesterday, Tuesday 02/01/2022]

This BUG was probably introduced with that version 1.34.1 Version 1.32 and earlier, did not have the BUG.

iPhone screen orientation is NOT locked; and, the iPhone is free to rotate and display in either landscape or portrait mode.

Brave iOS 1.34.1 “Show Bookmarks Shortcut” settings switch is ENABLED, and the Bookmarks icon shortcut is displayed (left of the URL address area) where it has been for earlier Brave iOS version(s).

Other DISPLAY settings are:
Appearance: Light
New Tab Page: Show Background Images: DISABLED
Show Tabs Bar: Never Show
Close Tabs: Manually

Thank you for pointing this out. I’ve opened the following issue for the iOS team to review:

Mattches,

Thank you for helping and setting up the issue at Github.

1 Like

Mattches,

Since updating to iOS version 1.34.1, the LEFT and RIGHT arrows at the periphery of the display window . . . will often disappear (no light enhancement).

When this navigation-arrows-bug first occured, it seemed that the Brave Browser (iOS) had lost its navigation arrows. But I tap where the arrows should be, and then, they light up.

I thought I should mention this additional bug, here, instead of creating a new topic.

1 Like

Mattches,

Might be related:

“Wallet lock screen bug out when force auto-rotation to portrait mode #4982

https://github.com/brave/brave-ios/issues/4982

Meanwhile, “dooost” at

https://github.com/brave/brave-ios/issues/4940

is looking for context but misses the point that the bug was noticed because the Brave Browser for iOS Bookmarks button click in landscape mode, had not previously (before v1.34 see my OP above) resulted in a force to portrait mode.

@michal ,

Hoping you get a chance to consider this bug, too. Tx.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.