Brave instantly crashes after reinstall

Description of the issue: Brave instantly crashes before pulling up a tab whenever I try to open it.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. open brave
  2. crashes

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): A black window open up with no information and closes within a second. I don’t see any tabs or home browser screens open.

Expected result: Brave to open and run

Reproduces how often: Every time I run it even after reinstall and computer reset.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Windows 10, newest normal version

Additional Information: I have never used brave before on this computer, just tried downloading it a week ago and have been trying to find the reason that it will never open

1 Like

Hi there @2Tone can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Also, you can try reinstall the browser again to resolve any installation issue that may be causing the crash to happen. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.