Since updating my Mac to the latest OS High Sierra v10.13.1, my Brave browser is now really sluggish. A new “Brave Helper” process is hogging over 300% CPU, and If I kill the process, the page I’m viewing stops working.
This seems to happen on all versions of Brave, as I have just updated to the latest release to see if it solves the issue, but no luck.
To re-create this, go to https://www.tradingview.com/chart/ and try zooming in and out on the graph. Now check the activity monitor to view the Helper process thats causing the issue.
I always used to have this issue with Google Chrome Helper too, which is why I switched to Brave. But since the Mac update, Brave now has the same problem, so I’ve switch to Safari until it can be resolved.