Brave has wiped my metamask wallet saying it was corrupted and now I can not access the certain adress that has all my tokens!

Thanks, will do! But sent it off to 2 data analyst’s and they both said i dont have any chance in recovering the data, but i wont give up yet

I have no idea how to solve your problem, but wanted to give small advice. Do not trust anyone on the internet. You might try to recover your funds, but the in the way get scammed by fraudsters pretending to ‘uncorrupt’ your metamask wallet.

give.jpg

Appreciate that dude, but im pretty positive without my password they wont be able to get the recovery phrase & honestly at this point id be suprised if they can get any data from my position been trying weeks to solve it. But again appricate the warning

That’s right. Don’t give anyone your password, seed phrase, or private key. If they were not scammers, they would give you the corrected file to decrypt yourself. They have no need for that info. Now I say this assuming you have a secure password, not something like “password” or “1234” as your password. If you used an insecure password, don’t give the files to anyone

1 Like

The files are corrupt if they could get anything from it id be surprised to say the least! Thanks again, yeah my password is a combination of letters and numbers so shoukd ne very secure, dont think ill be able to get back into my account anyway, even metamask support has said with it being corrupt chances are minimal

@Krustydj ,

You have been chasing the “ldb” files problem for a long time. I am glad that you have a chance. Bless you.

Sadly i dont think i do tried everything now, but thanks

So this is a common problem when using Brave+Metamask?
I have just had the same issue and I’m worried that I have been hacked/malware’d…

Explain in detail to help you?

Same as the OP - started laptop to find my Metamask icon has disappeared and when I go into Extensions, it says it is corrupted. I know how to set up my Metamask again, I really just want to know if I’ve been hacked/malware’d, or not to worry. Thanks

Run an antivirus program. I recommend running malwarebytes. They have a 7 day free premium trial which will do the work.

When I clicked ‘Repair’ it started to download something from googleusercontent.com. Is it normal for metamask to download from googleusercontent.com? Or is this sketchy?

https://lookup.icann.org/lookup?q=googleusercontent.com&t=a (registrant seems to be google llc)

https://search.brave.com/search?q=google+user+content+domain

Seems safe to me.

Thanks for the reply.
It seems googleusercontent is just a place for people to store files: https://fossbytes.com/googleusercontent-malware-hosting-in-images/
“it has been found that hackers have found a way to share malware via trusted and reliable Google servers like those of googleusercontent”. I have 2 antivirus on my system, so I’m not so concerned about malware - more an actual hacker in my system

It seems to be a common problem with brave browser and they dont do anything to resolve it just point you into the direction of metamask, by that point its too late unless you have youre recovery words

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.