Brave has stopped connecting with my Uphold wallet

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave is not connecting to Uphold wallet

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.31.87 Chromium: 95.0.4638.54

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes. Uphold still shows it is connected to Brave but Brave says it is disconnected and does not allow me to connect. It says “try again”

What date did you verify your wallet?
I followed the verification steps

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, This worked well for 2 years

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes USA

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
yes, it is macOS

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
no auto-contribute is on

1 Like

Meantime my connection with uphold fully works. It actually was working all along I just had a misunderstanding about it. I still don’t get rewards. I pile them up during the months but nothing gets transferred to uphold despite a full connection. And nobody from Brave is replying. Where are you guys?

Welcome to the show.
I have been making rounds asking people to Tweet Engadget, and The Verge, or email them both. This issue is not being resolved with many having payout problems, or ad problems. This needs more attention so the devs will act. Unfortunately in todays world most devs or companies need public attention, bad, or good, in order for them to act. I expected a better level of transparency.

Not good. I would think a big operation as Brave has their own tech team to keep things running.

I cannot specify how large the Team is, But there’s only around 15 people in Leadership. Seems like some serious internal problems. This is not normal operations

I agree. This is an issue that I would not take lightly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.