Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- On a pretty much new computer with Windows 10, I generally keep everything updated with the latest versions. Windows is updated.
- I installed Brave about 2 weeks ago and this is the second time it happens. Brave is also updated with the latest version (which I have no way to see now)
- All brave windows get black. Everything is black. I closed all instances using the task manager but still cannot open it again.
- A single instance of Brave cannot be ended and always stays active in Task Manager.
- The appdata folder “BraveSoftware” cannot be modified - the lockfile and other folders cannot be deleted.
- If I restart the computer Brave is still not opened!!
- I uninstalled and re-installed Brave. It didn’t help.
- The only solution I found is to restart, then delete the appdata folder, then re-install Brave
- This is not something I’m willing to do every few days, obviously.
- Expected to get a reasonable solution in case Brave crashes
Brave Version( check