Brave freezing computer when exiting

Everytime I exit Brave, it freezes my computer (Windows 10) for 1-2 minutes. It happens for both of my computers. How do I fix this?!?

I’ve uninstalled, rebooted and installed Brave but it still freezes my computer after closing it for 1-2 minutes :frowning:

Thanks for reporting.

We need more information. Could go to about:brave in Brave browser and copy the info.

Also does your OS account have admin or regular user privileges?

Yes, I’m logged into as an admin!

Brave 0.22.669
V8 6.6.346.24
rev 6cda2e8
Muon 5.2.7
OS Release 10.0.17134
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 66.0.3359.117

Any update or suggestions on how to fix this?

Any suggestions on what to try?

hi, i just upgraded to the new version where there is no change. :frowning:

Brave: 0.22.714
V8: 6.6.346.26
rev: fa2fbcae947e001528bd3bd5b1c453805d419af6
Muon: 6.0.9
OS Release: 10.0.17134
Update Channel: Release
OS Architecture: x64
OS Platform: Microsoft Windows
Node.js: 7.9.0
Brave Sync: v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent: 66.0.3359.139

Sorry to hear that. I was unable to reproduce the issue.

@fitnesspm, you mentioned that it reproduces for you on two different computers, which leads me to believe that Brave has a bad interaction with other software.

What other software is shared by both computers? Are both Windows 10? Do you use the same anti virus etc?

Do you use Brave sync feature?

update:
Could you run taskmgr and check which process takes the CPU when closing Brave?

I’m not using Brave sync feature where both systems are Windows 10. I formatted one of my computers and it’s working fine now. The other one is still doing it.

I shut down all applcations (terminated all icons in the lower right) and turned off my antivirus program (Advance Systemcare) where it didn’t fix the problem. I also run Malwarebytes & Malware Fighter on my Windows 10 PC.

I also went into task manager and closed down all applications and window background applications. I uninstalled Advancesystemcare Ultimate (wouldn’t turn off) but it didn’t help! Brave will always freeze my computer for 30 seconds every time I close it :frowning:

If you find a fix, let me know. I’m going back to Chrome for now!

Have you checked if Antimalware.exe spikes up badly in CPU usage when you close brave? Leve task manager opened before closing brave to check it, because that happended to me. No fix right now. You can check it here:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.