Update Channel: dev
I’ve basically ran two dozen or so tabs on the computer and left the browser running on minimize being preoccupied with other things.
I’ve opened and minimized the browser with around the same amount of tabs running for many hours and have even closed the monitor (on sleep or hibernate) more than a couple of times.
As I’ve tried to finally go through the tabs one by one having finished with other things, I come to realise that I was able to enter in a URL, nor could I switch to any of the two dozen tabs, nor can I close them, nor can I select any function within the Brave browser.
I’ve enclosed a screenshot of the event and also enclosed task manager information if its of any use.
Where you basically see the mouse on a particular function for more than a second, is actually be continuously pressing down on the mouse.
I was also curious was a crash report of this sent behind the scenes because then this issue can result in a more efficient browser, not in just in terms of speed but memory and energy for when it’s not in use.
It’s also terribly frustrating when this occurs because there isn’t anything like SessionBuddy which can save your important tabs if anything occurs unexpected when one likes to gather all the information and then peruse later. I Hope you don’t think it’s rude and I know it’s terrible of me to ask but couldn you deploy SessionBuddy and possibly test it for its implementation in the next update. I know there are things that will have to scrutinized and tested and that its been requested already but I don’t see why you can’t implement it sooner than later because you did for ‘Save to Pocket’ and SessionBuddy from the beginning would have had more beneficial aspects to it over that period.
When I first requested the extension I said, ‘I’m sure many will agree it’s better than all native bookmark solutions and Brave deploying it so its essentially like native bookmarking solution’ rather than a typical extension would be much better. Though I imagine you’d have to fiddle about with the code, which I’m sure the original developer would like help your team in.
UPDATE of bug again but this time after shutdown and restart and 20mins of use.