Brave for android v1.15.75 breaks app link association

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Clinking on links from a website within brave browser isn’t opening the appropriate applications. Instead the browser opens up the website for the application.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Click on any twitter link from within a webpage.
  2. Click on any link associated with Youtube

Expected result:
Twitter for android set as link handler to open directly in app, this doesn’t happen. Same thing when trying YouTube videos, both of these are instead pulling up the mobile websites in brave browser.

This also seems to affect everything where an application is set for a link handler for a specific type of link. I.E. clicking on a magnet link should redirect to a torrent application. Same behavior.

If attempting the same using Chrome for Android, the links properly redirect to the applications

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.15.75

Mobile Device details
Pixel 3 - Android 11 - October 2020 security patch

Additional Information:

I have downgrade to latest version of 1.14 and the problem solved.

Hope they can fix soon

Hi @ksc91u, pls i’d like to know how you downgraded your brave browser and are you able to receive rewards?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.