Brave File Size and Re-install Questions

Description of the issue:

PROBLEM:
My Laptop has been dragging to load up Brave and run certain programs, forcing me to constantly close and re-open programs to continue working with them, i.e. Cricut Design Space, TechSmith Snagit, GIMP, InkSpace, etc.

I checked the Brave file size with Revo Uninstaller and it says it is 849 MB.
In Windows 10 Control Panel it does not list the size, it is blank.

Something seems very wrong because Brave was only 1.19 MB with the download I did on 2-2-2022.

QUESTIONS:

What is the current Brave version and file size?

If I Uninstall and re-install Brave, will I lose my Bookmarks?

Reproduces how often:

Daily

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 10 (64 bit) Brave 108.1.46.138

Hello @ChanTeraT

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this helps with the issue?

Settings --> Advanced --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Additionally, have you updated to the latest Brave version?

If this a desktop computer (found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

About your second concert, in Windows go to Add/Remove Programs , find Brave and uninstall it. Note that you will see a box (or be prompted with one) asking if you want to also remove all profile data along with the install – you do not want to do this if you want to keep all your data . Make sure you only uninstall application. Then simply download the installer and reinstall.

Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

Hi Alice,

Ok, so I just unchecked the Hardware Acceleration option and Relaunched.

I’ll go and check my program performance and see if that made a difference. If not, then I’ll try the next recommendation.

My Laptop is more responsive and has a bit of pep to it now, but when trying to work in Cricut Design Space app, it’s still very laggy and slow.

There is no Repair or Cange option when I click on Brave. I went to the next screen and it tells me to close Brave so It can Uninstall. I can’t tell if it’s going to give me the option to uninstall without deleting my data, so I’m wondering when that option shows up since it’s not on the Remove Programs on Windows?

oops… forgot the Screen Shot…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.