Brave exits very slowly

@Maverick24,
This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Can you please try opening a Brave Window with only one open tab, then closing it and see if it closes quickly or if it hangs?

You may have been accurate earlier mentioning the cause coming from your tabs.

@Mattches,
Having one tab open actually made the exit of the browser much faster. It’s instantaneous, but, with that being said, the new profile that I made had multiple tabs with the issue not present in it.

@Maverick24,
Then it’s likely either the amount of tabs, or a particular tab that cause the issue you were seeing before. You should test with your old profile (that hangs on close) and close all your open tabs, then see if the issue persists.

@Mattches,
I have pinpointed the problem. It’s my gmail inbox that’s causing the slowdown in exiting the browser. I have tested my gmail in a new profile and the lag on exit is noticeable even in the new profile! Is there any fix for this?

Archive… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Maverick24,
I don’t think this is a Brave issue. The one thing you can try is clearing browsing data/cache for gmail but I’m not sure that will help.

@Mattches,
Alright, thanks for everything man! I’ll just wait for an update that hopefully fixes my problem. You’ve been a great help so far.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.