1. Open browser
  2. Close the browser using the close button

Expected result:
Browser stays open for multiple seconds before closing

Brave Version:
V1.11.104

Hello @Maverick24

try to turn off hardware acceleration
brave settings --> additional settings --> System – > Use hardware acceleration when available turn this off

also try to turn off this
Continue running background apps when Brave is closed
you can find it just above the above settings

hope that help and have a nice day

Hello @justsomeone1

The issue still arises even when the settings you mentioned are turned off. Is there any alternatives I can do to fix this issue?

sorry idk let me ask @Mattches help

he is from the team

hope your issue get fixed soon and have a nice day both of you

Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

you welcome :slight_smile:

@Maverick24,
Thanks for reaching out to us. This is likely due to extensions installed and/or lingering cache/browsing data that’s causing the browser to hang. A few things to try:

1. Ensure. you update to the latest version of the browser, which would be v1.12.112 at the time of writing this.
  2. Disable any/all extensions in the browser and see if the browser still hangs when closed.
  3. Clear cache/browsing data and see if the browser still hangs when closed.

Hey @Mattches,
I have disabled all my extensions and cleared my browsing data. I have also updated the browser to the latest version which is v1.12.112. The problem is still apparent. Any more I can do to fix this problem?

1 Like

@Maverick24,
I’m not sure to be honest – kind of a strange problem! Would you be willing to share a short screen recording of the browser closing slowly so I can get a look at the behavior?

Also, can you try creating a new browser profile (Menu --> Create profile) and see if that profile also exits slowly when closed?

@Mattches,
The problem seems on and off. I recorded a video of the problem in action but I can’t upload attachments yet.

1 Like

The other profile doesn’t seem to have the problem. It may have to do something with my tabs. I’ll try opening the same tabs as the one on my main profile and see if it has the same problem.

1 Like

How many tabs do you have open?

I usually have around 10 tabs. When I’m doing research it’s around 20 or more.

@Maverick24,
Did you try testing with the different/same tabs to see if you get any difference in behavior?

@mattches,
The new profile doesn’t seem to be affected by the problem.

@Maverick24,
Thank you for confirming. Hmm – I know you said you did, but can you double checked that you’ve cleared your browsing data for All time? I know that may be annoying to do but it’s likely the source of the slow down.

@mattches,
Okay, will do. I’ll update once I cleared the browsing data.

@mattches,
I forgot that I set the “clear browsing data” on exit setting. Is this a probable cause of the problem?

@Maverick24,
I don’t think so – did you try clearing data for all time? What were the results?

@Mattches,
I had cleared my browsing data again, It had little to none changes in the exiting of the browser.