Brave Downloads - Keep & Discard

Hello Brave Team and Community,

I download a lot of .exe, .jar and other various files that are by default flagged as dangerous.

I would love to see an option to exclude custom file-types by extension such as .exe so they don’t get flagged as dangerous.

Or an option to disable (at my own risk) the dangerous file flagging.

Thanks, Nathan

Ya this feature is necessary. When I download Brave browser using Brave from https://brave.com/ It flags the download as malicious and displays This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep BraveBrowserSetup.exe anyway.
How can Brave Browser show Brave Browser exe as malicious .
This issue should be fixed soon because if it marks all exe’s as malicious when we download some truly malicious file unknowingly we will keep it and think that Brave is showing fake warning and it is safe and run it … .

I have same annoying question every time I download something.
It’s useful for people without browsing experience but for rest it’s annoyng.
I’d like to have an option or brave://flags/ to disable it

Its July 2022 and this is very annoying in Brave. Prompts like this offer no security. People just train to ignore and mindlessly click ‘keep’ for this kind of thing (both new and experienced users alike) And it does not exist in Chrome/Chromium. Horrible coding / design. I can’t believe this thread does not have more replies/ upvotes. Guess it’s just me that dislikes it. Oh well.

It’s now 2023 and the browser is doing this constantly! How do I disable these damn warnings? Some do not even give the option to keep the file. The only option is discard.
How about this… I decide, not you.

Agreed, this is quite frustrating for advanced users, or when installing software on a new PC. Should be an option to disable

I have never had warnings on Edge (which is also Chromium-based) for signed executables, and it should be the default setting for anyone, not just a flag for advanced users. Should one really get warned when trying to download VLC, Firefox, or Office? Maybe a flag can be introduced to not even warn for unsigned executables or other risky file types that do not support signing, but notoriously secure exes should not be flagged as dangerous by default.

EDIT: it occurs only if Safe Browsing is disabled. Chrome has the same behaviour but doesn’t display the prompt if “Ask where to save each file” is enabled, while Brave still does.

+1 here. Brave’s only recently started doing this to my downloads, although I’ve had Safe Browsing disabled for a long time. It’s annoying and a bit confusing (surely downloads should only be arbitrarily ‘quarantined’ if Safe Browsing is enabled?!).

Is a fix on its way?