Brave doesn't work for me!

performance

#1

I have just installed Brave v. 0.18.36 on my MacBook Air running Sierra 10.12.6 to see if the promise of a faster, more secure browser was true. Unfortunately, so far, I have been unable to access any webpage. Instead I get a message that the DNS server cannot be found. I have tried changing my DNS server address, but still no result. I suppose I could try re-installing it, but this is not a good start! I have no problems using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox on my MacBook, so it must be Brave that is the issue. Any suggestions?


#2

Could you check your firewall settings? I think there’s probably some kind of firewall or network filtering protection that is blocking the application.


#3

Thanks Brian.
I have managed to get it to work now, but it’s very slow so far and not
all my normal websites (webmail etc) work properly on it. I’ll keep trying
though


#4

Am glad you got it mostly working, was a little patchy for me too in the beginning and still some glitches here and there, but I just tinker with the shields and settings. I am so willing to put up with a little glitchiness when at the end of the day my cookies and cache is basically nil. Getting rid of the internet fleas is fabulous!


#5

I’m certainly looking forward to getting rid of the fleas! Thanks!


#6

This topic was automatically closed after 27 days. New replies are no longer allowed.