Description of the issue:
Can’t subscribe to One Signal website notification on Brave.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5
I email the One Signal team to troubleshoot this problem. They say it’s because Brave doesn’t have certain functionalities. It would be nice to fix this issue and let users use the notification services that they like.
Is there a test url and directions?
Test URL : https://dannimei.net/
Go to website https://dannimei.net/;
Disable Brave protection and put the shields down for that website;
Disable anti-virus Sophos;
Click on the notification icon on a MacBook Pro 2017 with the latest 10.14.5., and it doesn’t work.
5.Tested with the latest versions of other browsers: Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera, Safari and the notification subscription works;
- My friend and the support team at One Signal had the same result.
Okay, not sure how to test, but there’s is me interacting with the onesignal notification; (Brave Release)
@denisemei Does it still occur? Based on the gif, was I doing it right? You dont have Ubo/Adblock enabled?
We only block the analytics of onesignal.
Thank you for the gif! As what you showed in the gif, I can subscribe to One Signal by responding to the pop up notification. However, even when I completely drop the Brave shield on the website, I can’t unsubscribe/subscribe to the One Signal push notification by clicking on its red bell button at the lower-right corner of the screen.
To sum up, One Signal’s initial pop up notification for subscription works on Brave, but its subscribe/unsubscribe bell button doesn’t work even when the Brave shield is dropped.
Weird issue – it both does and doesn’t work.
- If you click the notification prompt that appears in-browser, you’ll be subscribed to notifications for the site.
- Clicking the icon after this does not offer the option to unsubscribe, as stated.
- If you click the lock icon at any time, you can elect to allow or block notifications from the site – the status of this is reflected on the bell/alert icon as well once selected.
- Also worth noting that if you elect to subscribe using the browser prompt or lock-icon menu, you will see the interaction with the bell icon appear:
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.