Brave doesn't remember frequently visited sites

No matter how many times I visit a site, it never shows up as an icon, nor does it appear when I start typing the URL. There needs to be some way to manage this.

Please post your Brave version from about:Brave and what OS you are on. Could you also post a screenshot of your issue?

have the same issues as well

every browser I used was auto suggest the most visited URLs on a domain, but Brave isnt.

it is also very strange how it works. here an example:
This is a site I visit nearly daily cause it is my starting point on this domain: https://de.sistrix.com/otto.de
I have to type “/otto.” to get a suggest. If I add the “d” after this, the auto suggest is removed.

Brave 0.20.29
V8 6.4.388.40
rev 4fc3c8f
Muon 4.7.9
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.119

Screenshot is irrelevant. With the latest update all the shortcuts are gone, and Brave doesn’t autosuggest recently visited sites when you start typing a URL. (It does bring up history if you type four or five characters, but this is not how other browsers behave)

Also, I can’t find the browser history.

Do you have auto suggestions enabled?

Do you have these options enabled in search under preferences

Are you not able to see the tiles on the new tab after vist

Brave only remember one site now. :frowning:

Brave 0.20.30
V8 6.4.388.40
rev 8b78402
Muon 4.7.9
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 64.0.3282.119

Yes, those are my search preferences.

When I start typing a URL, the suggestions do not reflect my browsing history, and if I hit enter, I am not taken to the topmost suggestion.

I sometimes have to type three characters of the URL before my most commonly visited sites are suggested.

Twitter is the only icon appearing on the home screen, although I have never used Twitter. Brave used to show icons for sites I visit frequently.

Also Brave no longer remembers my passwords. I think I found out why, because I clicked on some password manager or another. It is very annoying to have unexpected sided effects after choosing some recommended option. Any new feature should have a clear explanation of its effects before you enable it.

Also, there is some mouse gesture that opens the current tab in a new window. I don’t know what does this. It’s always unexpected, and annoying.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.