Brave doesn't open phone number links

I’m unable to get phone number links in Brave to open my phone app. When I click on the Google search result phone icon or click on a hyperlink that has a phone number listed on a web page, it doesn’t open the phone app at all. Using default version of Pixel 3a phone app with defaults permissions. I can get the phone number to load up on my phone app when using Chrome or another third party app like Dolphin or Opera. This issue is true for both Google searches as well as third-party websites that have a phone number hyperlink.

Tried taking down Brave Shields without any success. Also tried changing my permissions in my phone including access to my microphone and all other permissions without any success. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Brave without success. The seems unique to Brave without any specific settings on my phone as Dolphin or Opera has all permissions blocked and is still able to open phone links to my phone app.

Using pixel 3a on Android version 11

Brave Version 1.15.76 on chromium 86.0.4240.111

Same problem here.
Brave 1.16.74,Chromium 86.0.4240.185
Also a Pixel 3a (Android 11).

BUT!
It works fine on a Nexus 5x with the same Brave version. Maybe it is a Pixel 3a-specific problem…

1 Like

It works again in 1.16.76 Chromium 86.0.4240.198

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.