Brave doesn't know what to do with YMP file type (part 3)

Brave browser Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official build) (64-bit)
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20200925 / Kernel Version: 5.8.10-1-default / OS Type: 64-bit

When I try to install openSUSE program with a 1-click installation, only the plain YMP file appears. Seems that Brave doesn’t know what to do with YMP file type.

Screenshot_20200930_170539_001
The picture shows the correct operation.

"YMP File
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The YMP file (file-extension .ymp) which stands for YaST Meta Package, is a file used in the openSUSE operating system (based on the Linux kernel). It is used in a feature called one-click install. This allows a user to click a “One-Click Install” button on certain websites to automatically install software, without having to download and install the software separately. The YMP file will open the one-click install manager which is managed by YaST. The system will automatically add the repository containing the application, and then download and install the program. The file contains XML content of where to find the package and other such details."

Firefox: OK
Chromium: OK
Vivaldi: OK
Google-Chrome: NOKPreformatted text

Here’s an example of installing the Kate editor (https://software.opensuse.org/package/kate) with Brave. Only the plain file below will open and the installation will not begin.
(en perkele osaa noita code merkkejä käyttää, menköön kuvana sitten)

Just a quick google https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/529417-YMP-One-Click-Install-Links-Broken

Only tested in Windows, but Chrome and Brave responded the same way (just showing plain text), might be common to both browsers.

A 1-click installation is not necessary because there are other ways to install the programs. And I can always use another browser. I assumed this would be as easy as opening an image, for example.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.