Brave does not respect default file browser on xfce4 Debian-like systems

Description of the issue:
Hello. I am having trouble with setting the default file browser for Brave.

I have inode/directory set to spacefm.desktop, every other application opens spacefm except for Brave. The problem is also strange because clicking on “Open download folder” opens spacefm which is correct while clicking on a specific file’s “show in folder” opens Thunar for whatever reason. Please take a look at the following image.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. CTRL + J (or open recently downloaded files)
  2. Click on show in folder.
  3. It will use file browser than the one set in inode/directory mime type.

Expected result:

It should use a file explorer set in the mime-type.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

It also happens on EndeavourOS: https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/chrome-brave-opens-downloads-in-wrong-file-manager/4971/10

Hello lucassith!

This problem has a lot in common with my problem described in the message:

“Help! “Show in folder” not working properly on Linux Mint 19 (Ubuntu 18.04)](Help! "Show in folder" not working properly on Linux Mint 19 (Ubuntu 18.04))”

When I click on the button you say works fine, it works fine for me. When I click on the “show in folder” button specific to each file, Brave tries (and fails) to open the file itself as if it was a folder: I get an error message window saying that the file is not a folder…

Clearly there is a bug in brave with opening the correct file manager for a given file.

Let us hope a developper is listening…

Regards,

Guy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.