Brave does not block ads

Description of the issue:

Brave latest version 1.36 on iPadOS 15.

1. Brave fails to block ad videos after each update. It used to work after updates if I turned off, on, off, on Block Scripts switch for a couple of times. The latest version does not work that way and does not block ad videos. The last version was blocking ad videos but todays update broke it.

2. community.brave.com does not load page on brave 1.36 and iPadOS 15. It loads on Chrome fine (submitting this ticket through chrome).

Exact URL of the website in question:

(Click on any posts and you will see ad videos)

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave
Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Yes. If I turn on Block Scripts switch, it is supposed to block ad videos but it is turning off the ad videos and ALSO YouTube videos, etc posted by users in their comments and ALSO it does not render the Reply to Comment box or it’s Submit Reply button at the bottom of page.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

No, chrome does not block ad videos.

Brave version (check About Brave):

Check this out - http://www.andhrafriends.com/topic/942221-vennela-kishore-after-a-long-time/

In the above post with Block Scripts switch on, YouTube videos are blocked (in addition to ad videos). At the bottom of the page the Comment box is not rendered and the Submit Reply button is blocked.

Yeah I see this on my end as well. Looks like its only for iOS — Android/Desktop seem to block them just fine. Reaching out to @fanboynz on this to take a look

Blocking scripts will break some sites (more than others) and it should be expected. I’m not seeing any adverts on http://www.andhrafriends.com/topic/942221-vennela-kishore-after-a-long-time/ @Bravious

Yeah, but blocking scripts on that page is also blocking YouTube videos posted by users and also the Comment box at the bottom is suppressed including its Submit button.

On iPadOS 15 and latest Brave released couple of days ago.

The same site page works fine on desktop and android using Brave. But on iPadOS it doesn’t. It was working fine on iPadOS until yesterday until I updated Brave. What do you think?

Please add this to your bug list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.