Brave Discord Server

A discord server so the community can discuss and have a talk.
I knew that a discord server already existed but it was closed for inactivity.
i think creating a new one is going to be more active and i would talk on there.
Thats my suggestion.

I don’t know if Discord standards will sit well with Brave. It is no surprise to anyone that Discord collects every message from its users. Maybe you want to debate it, I’m all-ears! :grin:

1 Like

I’ll show a bit of evidence on what I say:

I tends to be paranoid about these things so I don’t like what I’m reading but lets go step by step: They collect the IP addresses and the device id, this is done by many applications (not only discord). “your activities within the Services” This means that your messages, photos, or files that you send to discord will be collected by them and, as clarified in the next paragraph, these will be stored in databases. They also use tracking tools

I recommend that you read their privacy policy completely. I think that would be enough to say that Brave being a private browser would not have to have an official discord server. Also discord is not even open source

1 Like

I agree with you on the part that Brave is not going to support Discord and things like that.
I will solve the suggestiong with your reply.
BUT, Discord have a feature that you can desactivate some options of tracking like:
Tracking the way you use their application and even use your informations to enchance the experience using their app.
Theres a plugin of BetterDiscord that allows you to stop Discord from Tracking and thing, but it isnt everyone that knows how to set-up plugins and that.
In general I agree with you.
Now i think its not possible to have a Brave Discord Server.

Hello, the “tracking” options that can be disabled, by my definition, are called “optional tracking”. Otherwise the “necessary tracking” cannot be disabled, but don’t take my word as true for this haha.

If discord were a little more private and did not collect so much data, in addition to becoming open source, it would be a good way for real-time VoIP communication for people looking for maximum privacy on the internet. Let’s face it, Discord has a very nice and attractive interface. Imagine discord being private software, more secure and easier to access through tor. It would be one of the best private communication options today

1 Like

Tottaly yes, agree with everything you said.
But anyways I think they’re probably not going to make it more private, anyways thanks for answering my suggestion.

Of course!.

Greetings

1 Like

But, Brave does have it’s own subreddit and I don’t think reddit is privacy focused in any way? I think it’s just normal. Just because Brave is a privacy browser has nothing to do with just creating a community on Discord. We are not Mozilla to be that concerned, then brave shouldn’t have subreddits, FB, twitter. It’s just not possible, we are for the browser and not such softwares.

Hello, I responded according to my opinion about the possibility of Brave having a discord server. Now, I don’t use reddit. I am not interested in using it because it has demonstrated its thousand and one methods of censorship

1 Like

But we are talking about brave joining discord and not you joining discord or reddit (no offence). I am not saying you should, but if brave wants to, they can, because they are already on reddit, why not discord? Ofc Yes.

1 Like

“I responded according to my opinion about the possibility of Brave having a discord server”. As you can read, i clarified that it was only my opinion. Brave has the last word on this, not me

1 Like

Also brave already had a discord before, but they eliminated it.

1 Like

Brave can?, they can. Tried?, they tried. Worked? It didn’t work for some reason and they removed it

1 Like

Interesting, they did?

@MrLuxury yes, they did.