Brave device limit

How to contact brave maintainers to disconnect my old accounts
I have logged in with my friends pcs but now i removed from there pc even though my pc is showing wallet not verified due to limit reached . Please Help me I have about 20 bat in my wallet

3 Likes

every device or profile within a Brave installation counts towards the 4 wallets limit per Uphold account. and currently there is no way to recover an used “slot”

2 Likes

Awesome enchanting feature!

7 Likes

I have lost well over 50 BAT since last January. I am slowly migrating away from Brave and the bogus ad rewards, Back to the Fox and TOR. The (BRAVE) did nothing when I submitted a topic/request. No reply. I got a quick response from Uphold support they were great. I have pretty much stopped using both Uphold & Brave and now just am watching the monthly train wreck that is BAT. I moved/transfer what little BAT they did owe me and produced a year ago before the horror show started to other crypto.

1 Like

wow this still hasn’t been addressed, w t f does no one at Brave upgrade their devices, none ever giving out on yous? never had to format a system? never had to replace a hard drive? never lost a device? these slots need to be interchangeable, the fact this wasn’t addresses in design is all bad enough, but to allow this to go on this long is beyond me and says a lot about Brave’s neglect for basic attention token

6 Likes

They definitely thought about it: there used to be a Rewards Wallet backup/restore function, but it was removed to force people to link their browsers to Uphold (or Gemini since the number of slots is not shared between exchanges).
The workaround is to set up a Creator account and to transfer BAT through tips, though Brave takes a 5% fee on tips and there’s been reports of users getting banned for “abuse”.

3 Likes

i have a creator account but i am not credited my tips since 3 months
what will i do now

1 Like

The last time BAT was transferred from my BRAVE wallet to my UPHOLD wallet was in February. Since then, BAT has been accumulating in my BRAVE wallet, no complaints here; however, this month I actually observed step by step what happened when my BAT for the month came available and when I collected them, I saw an alert saying that my Brave device limit is full and my BAT can’t be transferred to UPHOLD.
To me, it’s now very clear that this is what’s been happening since February.
This post is fairly new but this situation has been going on for a long, long time, one way or another.
As @structdjm questions above, is nobody at Brave ever upgrading devices?
This lifetime, four-device limit situation is ridiculous, to say the least.
What is very disappointing is that it doesn’t seem to be a way to have somebody, directly from Brave’s team, willing to offer a solution to this issue, provide alternatives or even show some sort of acknowledgement to this community.
This is under-delivering at its maximum. So frustrating.

6 Likes

Definitely it’s pathetic.
To think that brave still haven’t figured this problem is chaos itself.

6 Likes

Same issue here, I didn’t even know about the 4 devices before it was too late…
I’m looking to change my phone right now, so I guess I’m screwed and will not be able to connect on my new phone then… Great job Brave

3 Likes

Just use brave in your new device and when the new wallet comes then you can just connect to the new wallet (gemini).

4 Likes

Nice, good to know ! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is Gemini Available Now
Can I connect my existing account to Gemini

1 Like

He/She sent that message just 2 hours ago lmao…

Gemini will be introduced in the upcoming months (1-2 Months) so wait for it.

2 Likes

So We should wait till then :unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Requiring people to fill out yet another KYC at yet another company because Brave can’t figure out how to remove an item from an array and append another isn’t a fix and is barely a band-aid.

BAT is an ERC20 token; they should allow us to just set an address they can send it too instead of forcing us to use only two exchanges where they can get kickbacks from for funneling people there.

And adding Gemini just delays the inevitable because it too has a 4 device limit that you (once again) wont be able to manage. The 4 device limit is on the Brave side of things, and needs to be fixed by them.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.