Brave desktop browser don't show any ads

@thekoolkorean,
Click the profile icon next to the main menu and select your desired profile:

1 Like

You can manage the profile in the top right. Either you keep your second profile and select your old one again or you can delete a profile again. (click on the profile symbol> manage profileles> remove this profile)2 3

1 Like

I tried everything and it didn’t work. But after doing what TeotiX said , it works now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may have found a solution. This at least worked for me on Windows 10. Brave was not showing up in Setting as an option for Notifications. After trying everything here to no avail I played with the Brave settings. Try this and let me know if it worked for you.

Brave > Settings > Privacy & Security > Toggle ON Use Google Services for Push Messaging

The Google Services for Push Messaging was off for me. When I toggled it ON I went back to my Windows notification settings and Brave was available to see.

Now to test if I actually start seeing any ads.

2 Likes

I made a new profile and it works
Even after removing the other profile.

I can confirm I am seeing ads now!

Yes. This makes ads start appearing for me

Not sure if it was a thing, but after I’ve removed Chrome from my PC, Brave have appeared under “Notification & action” tab in the settings. Before that it wasn’t visible. I have also logged of after that and immediately I have received 2 ads. Not sure if it was thing of deleting chrome or logging off…

EDIT: I can say that I am receiving ads normally all day after the reply I have posted!

1 Like

@Drvinjez118,
Thank you for reporting this – appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Hello everyone i have a way that brave will show up in “GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS” i cannot take credit for finding this all credit goes too user “MEDJAN” if you go to this link https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html this will send a notification to your computer which will then for some reason make brave pop up in the notification tab. I hear this is a huge problem and i had it as well when i did a fresh install. this worked for me.

How to use the notification link is easy. just hit authorize and then his show (button) you should then get a notification from windows saying “This is a notification, Pretty cool huh” (somthing like that). Here is the original post from somone who had this issue and user “MEDJAN” solves it. this works. Original post- Brave doesn't show in Windows 10 notification settings

1 Like

As above i can confirm the issue isnt Brave as such its the fact that Brave doesnt show up in windows notifications!!!

Fixed via the below two links!!!

https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

1 Like

I’ve been using Brave for many months, since before you could withdraw BAT. It worked like a charm for many months. Then about 3 months ago I stopped getting adds. I have the notifications turned on in both windows and brave. I have checked the web site and I get the pop up and it is enabled. I only time I was able to get an add was when I logged out of windows and back in. Then I got one add and they never showed again. I don’t have a youtube tab open. I started a second profile and switched to that.

win 10
Brave is up to date

Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Worked for me like a charm.
Someone should pin or post this as official reply at the top of the topic.

@Nickhawk maybe you can edit your post with this reply as it fixed the problem.

To update, the solution of @bitpwn worked only on the day it was applied.
The next day I didn’t get any ads.
I tried to switch off and on again the Use Google Services for Push Messaging but it didn’t work.

EDIT:
just realized it might be because I had focus assist ON on windows notification

1st off thanks to support (ofc sarcasm) for the sub zero consideration, i found the issue on my desktop maybe can also help someone else,
Under %localappdata%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service\client.json
check that “lastUserIdleStopTime” have a value, if it’s always 0 something is preventing pc from going idle and sleep (to me was an USB device, SAITEK X56 stick)
by disconnecting that device then fixing pc sleep ads started to show, idle time is part of the trigger, so no idle time no ads…

2 Likes

Thanks to all those suggesting fixes here. But I cant for he life of me get it work.
I too had no problems for for months and was receiving ads and BAT rewards. Then suddenly it just stopped about 3 months ago.
I have tried the Web Notification Test a few times, passes everytime.

I have allowed Brave to be bybassed by my antivirus.
And I have tried turning off and on Brave rewards, many times.
One thing I dont have is any browser appear under Notifications & Actions…

What else can I try?

I have the same problem and I have tried all the methods,but still not receiving any ads(this is only happenings on my main PC-windows 10, all the others devices work as nice as possible).

Follow up…
After rebooting a couple of hrs after my last post (running the Web Notifications Test) and turning notifications off and on again several time, ads started appearing again.
It seems to be working fine now…
:grinning:
Thanks for suggestions!

can u help me? i try this link but no notification was send to me. It’s run on chrome but not on brave. I’m using google push.

Thanks ImaHelpYouOut, it worked!!