Brave desktop browser don't show any ads

Still ZERO ads, ok on android and linux but nothing on win, push notifications working fine from brave

Is there is brave developer from reward team to resolve the query?? @Mattches

2 Likes

Ok, another month with nearly zero ads:

In January while using Brave daily to surf the web: 4 ads, 0.2 BAT.

Today, on the 1st, I started getting an ad. It probably stops again tonight after 4 ads and then there’s nothing for the rest of the month again, like the last three months…

I understand that it all depends on where I surf, the inventory etc. but all in all it seems very weird, especially the fact that it starts again on the 1st (nearly instantly) then stops without any reason…

Im still not getting ads to show up by themselves. I have to lock my computer and sign in again and then boom i instantly get a notification. I would like for ads to pop up automatically by themselves. It’s been around 4 months now and I still haven’t got a solution.

4 Likes

I have found a solution! Send someone a DM in brave community support and when a pop-up shows up saying (do you want to receive notifications from brave community?" click “Yes”!!! This has fixed the problem for me!

2 Likes

@gohnxatz Well, actually if you want to get notifications from the Brave Community site, you don’t have to DM the Brave Community Support.

When you login to the Brave Community, just go to preferences > notification and on Live Notification just click enable notification. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve had none for 7 days…only support I’ve had, is a cut and paste response. The BAT and the ad count are from 1-9 Feb, 9th being the last payout day. Not getting anything for the sponsored pictures either.

Same problem here.

No ads are shown, I’ve been using it for 2 days now my BAT are still 0

1 Like

No ads here, no brave in notification settings, no value in client.json, allowing messenger to send notifications doesn’t work (changing this setting in browser doesn’t change anything) :confused:

OK guys, I made it. I made everything @Mattches said but brave still wasn’t onmy notification list. Than I:
PART ONE
-opened Windows PowerShell
-pasted this command:

Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml” -verbose }

-after it was done I’ve restarted my PC
PART TWO
-opened Messenger on my PC
-enabled notifications in Messengers settings and then in braves popup window
-waited till someone messaged me
After someone send a message Brave appeared in notifications settings and I’ve already received ads
(PS. first part might not be necesary)

Which messenger are you referring too on your pc?

I think I found the problem I just don’t know how to fix it, in my notifications app from windows brave does not show up. Therefore I am not able to allow brave to send notifications. Does anyone know how to add an app to this list, if so that might be a fix. Here is a gif of the apps that have notifications enabled, my windows is in Norwegian btw. https://gyazo.com/763df6abfbe4ebefa009fe3c1c068970

1 Like

I was referring to Messenger.com but any other website that send you notifications is fine

You just have to trigger this by enabling notifications on any website in your browser. Try discord.com or messenger.com or any other direct messaging site and wait untill someone messages you.

So, basically any website that sends notification. Like Facebook or Instagram notifications?

I’m going to try this out for verification. I don’t have Brave on my Windows Notification but I still do get Brave Ads pop up notification.

1 Like

I see this: “lastPageClassification”:“society-society”
no idea is society is value (both in terms of browsers and life…)

So no one has found a solution ?

@ArioZ,
Have you tried to force notification’s as @Shadowproof was suggesting?

Also, for anyone here still encountering the issue – if you create a new browser profile, do ads begin to appear as intended (you’ll have to opt-in again)?

It didn’t work unfortunately. I am still in the same situation. How do I switch back to my previous profile now?