Brave deleting passwords and login data everyday

Description of the issue:

Everyday when I close the browser, all passwords and login information gets removed. This is frustrating as I need to access my emails a lot and I have to re-enter all my credentials every day.
Also, logs me out of extensions - password managers and VPNs.

In brave://settings/clearBrowserData no boxes are checked.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Reboot computer.
  2. Re open Brave
  3. All passwords have been deleted.

Not sure if it can be reproduced at all.

Expected result:

I expect it to not delete all passwords and login data everyday.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I had updated Brave when this issue occurred. The reason of updating is due to the payout to Uphold.

Thanks

@Inf3xt,
Is the version you reported using accurate – v1.11.97? If so, you’re about 10 releases behind and I would highly recommend updating to the latest build (v1.22.71 at the time of writing this) and then let me know if the issue persists.

Just updated the browser. I will report back tomorrow if the issue comes back.
However, for the past week or so, it has told me that it is up to date on version 1.11.91.

Thanks
Inf3xt

@Mattches
I have just restarted my PC and the problem has happened again.
I think it is deleting all website cookies.

I hope you have a fix.

Thanks
Inf3xt

@Inf3xt,
To confirm, you’re now running version 1.22.71? Also, what extensions are you using at thiis time?

Hello @Matches , i have been running version 1.22.71 for the past 2 days but now it has downgraded me to version 1.11.97 again (still saying that Brave is up to date.). For these two days where the browser has been upgraded, the issue has gone away.

Extensions i have installed:
Honey;
JSON Formatter;
Norton Password Manager;
MetaMask;
OneTab;
Talend API Tester

I really hope this issue gets sorted out.

Thanks
Inf3xt

Update, the browser has self updated to version 1.23.72. My login information has not been deleted, but I am worried that if the browser downgrades again, it all will be lost.

I have managed to resolve this issue. I had to delete all Brave Browser files from my PC, re-installing it again fixed it.

1 Like

@Inf3xt,
Apologies for the hassle but regardless I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.