Brave deletes all extensions on startup (on MacOS only)

Description of the issue:

I had to restore a MacBook completely from Time Machine. Now if I start Brave it deletes all extensions immediately on start up. After starting it, it has all Extensions deleted.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Restore ~/Library/Application Support/Brave-Software/Brave-Browser from Time Machine
  2. Check …/Default/Extensions folder: Filled with a lot of sub directories
  3. Start Bravew
  4. Find it starting with no Extensions
  5. Check …/Default/Extensions again: It is empty now.
  6. Repeat the very same result after a re-install of Brave

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

V1.23.71 (Apr 15, 2021)

Additional Information:

I have a Linux machine with Ubuntu 2020/04-LTS, running Brave V1.23.71. I can restore my profile to this machine and all Extensions (as well as all other settings) are available.

1 Like

Even if I restore the /Applications/Brave-Browser.app from the Time Machine backup I cannot get it to work.

Upon first restart, Brave shows me the following error. Where could I find more information about the backgrounds? Probably one of the extensions is broken and I could just remove that particular one?

Not that it will be much help to you but I have had exactly the same problem only it seemed to be caused by a Brave update. Especially frustrating that some of the extensions had to be manually installed rather than via the Google Play store.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.