Brave crypto wallet error after latest update

I have the same issue.

When I go to the wallet settings, it gives this error:

Cannot use 'in' operator to search for '[address]' in false

Where [address] is my wallet address.

4 Likes

I have tried these troubleshooting steps as well. This is a serious bug costing a lot of people money!

2 Likes

Bump.

This is affecting a pretty large number of users, I would assume.
Out of my 6 friends, 5 are affected.

On top of everything that user “b3nelly” tried, I also tried:

• Disconnecting my wallet from ALL connected sites.
  • Deleting/Hiding all the custom tokens added.
  • Tried transacting on ETH testnets Rinkeby/Ropsten (also failed)

Definitely something is broken, and there’s nothing (that I’ve found) that can be done at a user level.

3 Likes

Brave please escalate this. I and many others are stuck with failing transactions. Dead in the water right now.

3 Likes

Hello,

Same error here! Tried to claim Matic rewards on AAVE:

legacy pre-eip-155 transactions not supported (error={“code”:-32603,“message”:“Error: [ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“message”:“Internal JSON-RPC error.”,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“only replay-protected (EIP-155) transactions allowed over RPC”}}}’”}, method=“sendTransaction”, transaction=undefined, code=UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION, version=providers/5.4.3)

Basically no transactions working on Polygon or Fantom!
Tried differend RPCs, reset Account, delete connected Dapps. Nothing worked.

2 Likes

Hello community members! I’m from the wallet engineering team at Brave, and here to follow up on your issues.

I would like to do a quick poll on how many of you are using the 24-word Brave legacy seed? It will be the case if you had generated your seed using Crypto Wallets Version 1.0.26 or earlier, and the account addresses are typically different when you restore the same seed on Metamask.

Our current thesis is that only legacy seeds have been affected by this bug, which I have been able to reproduce on my end. On the other hand, newer seeds (generated after Crypto Wallets v1.0.26) should not have this issue. Please let me know here if you are NOT on a legacy seed, but still have these issues.

Thanks to everyone for sharing details about this issue. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and are working hard for a quick resolution. I’ll keep this thread updated with whatever progress we make.

7 Likes

Thank you for getting back to us. I have a 24-word seed phrase.

I also have 24-word seed.

I have also 24 Seed Phrase.

i have a 12 word seed imported from mm and not working… what a mess

1 Like

I do have a 24 words pass-phrase too and yes, it’s failing.

Same, can’t do any transaction anywhere since yesterday, 24 word seed.

also 24 word seed here

also 24 words seed in my case

Same Issue. 24 words as well

yup, I have a 24-word seed

1 Like

I found a solution and I think is the only one in order to use your addresses account in Brave. I describe the steps:

• Export the private keys for each account address in Account Details (Don’t forget to do this otherwise you will lose the account address forever because with the legacy seed as @onyb mention you will not be able to recover the account)
  • Install metamask in other browser and follow the process in order to get a new account saving the seed
  • In Brave logout your current account and in the login screen click in recovery account by importing phase seed (I don’t know exactly the option in English, I have Spanish language)
  • Once that you are in, click in your profile (icon right the network) and import account then you need to paste the private key (private key need to be selected in the selector, and you need to do this process for each address of you legacy account)

Now you have your accounts imported and you will be able to continue doing transactions

Just in case, don’t delete the seeds from the legacy account, maybe brave team find a better solution for it in the future

@admins | @onyb please don’t do anything that makes not able to recover legacy accounts by Private Key or cannot use theses imported accounts in the future

3 Likes

This doesnt work for me. I’ve always had my brave accounts imported into metamask as a backup but it isnt working this time.

I have 24 word phrase seed

private keys? cannot be possible, for me works following this process. Remember when you import your seed from your new Metamask account to Brave you need to import theses private keys also

1 Like