Brave crashing when pasting copied content into form

On MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559). When filling out the form to make a new upload on Zenodo.org, I was copying from Microsoft PowerPoint and pasting into the Zenodo form fields. When I pasted, Brave crashed. This happened three times. I copied from different places in PowerPoint during the three different attempts (text content from slides and notes) and pasted into different fields. Each time, the browser immediately crashed. The content I had typed by hand into the form was not saved; after recovery, I had to start the form over each time.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. From a PowerPoint presentation (version 16.55 (21111400)), select some text and copy it.
  2. Visit zenodo.org and log in
  3. Press “Upload” at the top of Zenodo
  4. Paste the copied text into a field like “Description” on the form shown

Expected result:

1. Copied text will appear in the form on Zenodo

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v 1.32.113

Additional Information:
I can copy from PowerPoint and paste into this form with no issue.

I tried it once more just now, found that “Title” was fine but “Description” made the the browser crash. Bug report updated to specify “description”

@jlcohoon,
Does this only happen when text data is copied from PowerPoint (specifically)? Or does this happen when copying any text and pasting it into zenodo forms?

As far as I can tell, only from PowerPoint. I’ve pasted other formatted text from a few apps in the description field with no issue.

Signed up, but trying to upload would get Permission required You do not have sufficient permissions to view this page.

Adding text from the clipboard or uploading a file shouldn’t affect Brave any differently from other browsers. I would test in a clean Brave profile.

It definitely shouldn’t affect Brave differently, but it does. I just tested in Chrome and there’s no issue there. I just tested again in Brave and it’s still a problem.

There’s no file upload involved in replicating this bug.

Regarding Zenodo—don’t upload to a “community,” hit the upload button in the top, blue navbar.

I found this via Google - can confirm, copying text from PowerPoint to brave (Google slides) is repeatedly crashing brave. On macOS 12.1.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.