Brave Crashing when clicking Brave icon in Search bar when a video conference tab is running

Hi,

My brave browser crashes every time I click the Brave Icon while in a Google Meet video conference. I am therefore unable to change shield settings while in a video conference.

How to reproduce the issue: open a video conference app, join the meeting with video feed ON (ex: Google Meet) then try changing shield settings for any other tab.

This will close all Brave windows, and when reopening, you will be prompted to restore tabs.

Brave Version
Version 1.38.119 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face: I am a community member too. I don’t use Google Meet so really can’t provide specific help. Just passing along information from a previous topic that may help.

Even though the linked topic does not address your specific issue, it does provide general information that may help and/or give you some ideas for troubleshooting. Hope so! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully another community member will pop-in and help. Brave support staff usually do not work weekends even though they may pop in now and then. On Monday, you could tag the moderators to see if they could help if you are still experiencing an issue. Good luck and take care! :smiley:

@betatree,
Thank you for reporting. Can you confirm whether or not this only happens for the Meet website, or does clicking on the Shields icon crash the browser while on any website?

The crash happens when I click on the Brave Icon, regardless of which tab/website I’m on, when the Meet website is open in another tab.

Can you please try and reproduce the issue on your end, then send me the crash report ID of the incident, found on your brave://crashes page?

b0370000-2578-4408-0000-000000000000

Here it is

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.