Brave crashing randomly when doing another activity/playing a game

Description of the issue:
Brave has started crashing randomly today, however it only does so when I play a game or use any other software on the PC, while keeping Brave tabs open/watching a video on Brave on my second monitor. After this happens, Brave will not want to open again for another 5 minutes or so, after which the browser opens by itself. I have checked task managed while using Brave to make sure its not a memory issue and it doesn’t appear to be.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave
  2. Open one or multiple tabs
  3. Open another software/game
  4. Do your intended activity in the software/game while Brave stays in the background/on a second monitor.
  5. Wait.

Expected result: Brave working as usual

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.61.120

Additional Information: Nothing bad happens when only using Brave.

@ElsieNova do you happen to use Razer? Especially having something like Razer Cortex installed?

I’m asking as a while back I went back to mess with SWTOR and Brave would always “crash” when I logged into the game. After looking around, I realized that Razer Cortex has Game Booster and one of the things it had selected by default to close was Brave.

Once I deselected this, Brave no longer “crashed” upon gaming. It just was an automated thing where Razer Cortex was trying to close everything to get the maximum performance out of the device.

And it doesn’t have to be Razer Cortex in particular. Perhaps you have something similar? But just wanted to bring it up as it’s sounding like the behavior you’re seeing is exactly as I had experienced. So I’m guessing it’s a 3rd party program you’re using.

I don’t user Razer, however I spent a few hours testing the issue out, and it seems the problem only occurs when playing Roblox in particular so, I assume its an issue with that platform for now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.