Brave crashing, ad notifications not working, wallet verification not working (HELP)

Description of the issue:

Issue 1: Using YouTube playlists on Brave is unusable in a lot of cases. Whole browser freezes up to the point where Brave gives an option to close tab as it is unresponsive. I have a really powerful computer and strong internet connection so no reason why it should be slow, other browsers speed through playlists with no issue. Can consistantly reproduce.

Issue 2: Deleted local temporary files in certain directories will delete user data and statistics, along with Rewards history. Have been able to recover wallet but now getting a bug which thinks I have made multiple wallets on my device, to the point it does not let me verify my wallet and move BAT. Have heard other users have this problem and support reply asking to DM but have not replied to me.

Issue 3: Brave ad notifications have not worked for about 2 weeks now. Instead of leading me to advertiser landing page as inteded, they link some random .onion link which contains nothing. The advertiser landing page does not show up.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary).

Issue 1:

1. On a new tab, open YouTube.
  2. Search for a playlist.
  3. Open playlist.
  4. Let video play, navigate UI.

Issue 2:

1. On a new tab, open Brave Rewards.
  2. Press verify wallet.
  3. Press continue.
  4. Choose Uphld.
  5. Logged in.

Issue 3:

1. Click on Brave ad notification

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Issue 1:

(Will upload GIF once I’m able to get GIF down to <4mb as anything below 20mb is destroyed.)

Issue 2:

Issue 3:

Expected result:

Issue 1: Browse, select and navigate playlists and UI without Brave crashing or freezing up.

Issue 2: Verify wallet successfully.

Issue 3: Direct to advertiser landing page.

Reproduces how often:

All issues 1, 2 and 3 reproduce every singe time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.434
Brave Version 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@Yxnder

• Issue #1 is something I could only guess at. I’m not even going to pretend to know enough to be a help. I’m not sure if @fanboynz or @Mattches would be the better help for you, but I’m tagging them both here so they can see it and hopefully be able to help with ideas.

• Issue #2 means you can’t currently verify any other wallets. You’ll need to complete the Wallet unlinking request form . To explain why, there’s a 4 wallet limit. You can read a bit more on that at Unable to re-verify wallet - #118 by Mattches

• Issue #3 I have some questions just to verify.

• It appears that you’re in Private with Tor on that screenshot. Is that how you’re normally browsing or is that what opens up when you click on the ads?
    • If you go to brave://settings/extensions, do you have the toggle for Automatically redirect .onion sites On or Off?
    • Do you know which ads you’re seeing?

Ah, let me rephrase a bit. On #2 I understand you’re saying you recovered your wallet. You didn’t really explain in which way or anything. It has long been stated that modifying directories and other information can affect your wallet and ability to earn Rewards. It sounds like what you did corrupted things and when you restored, it created a new wallet ID. As such, it’s going to act like a new wallet. If you were at the limit, it would then be giving you the error that you have now.

Just to clarify, are you saying you have sent them a DM with all the information needed? Not only would they need your Wallet Info from brave://rewards-internals but will also need you to perhaps do that Wallet Unlinking form. With that they’ll take a look at what’s connected and if they see a stale wallet or identify the one you’ve “lost” by removing files and directories, that way your current one can connect.

With issue 1:

This still reproduces and has put me off from using Brave when using YouTube playlists, I now just use Edge. Even with normal videos, sometimes it loads super slowly, but much more visibly with playlists.

With issue 3:

I am using the standard brave browser, not private and not in Tor. When clicking the link, it brings me from the default Brave browser to the .onion link. Closing the tab with the .onion link brings me back to the default browser where I left off, and the landing page is not there.

The “Automatically redirect .onion site” setting is off. I have in the past used that setting however I have turned it off. This occurance doesn’t happen with any other redirect apart from advertiser links in brave browser.

I don’t recall exactly the one I wanted to visit, which poped up a couple of times as the link didn’t work, but I have seen Coinbase and Upland most recently.

Yeah that sounds more like it from what I have seen. I’ll try that form then thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.