Brave crashes when hitting Donate

On page https://www.showusthevirus.info/about , when I click on the Donate link above the PayPal logo, the entire Brave Browser shuts down. Tried it 3 times.

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Just tested and can replicate. Clicking on Donate on top just opens a copy of the same page in a new tab. Scroll down and hit the Donate button near the PayPal icon and it completely exits Brave (closing all tabs). When opening Brave again, you’re asked if you’d like to Restore Pages? and says it didn’t shut down properly.

Just screenshot of where the Donate button that exits/closes/crashes Brave is located.

@SaltyBanana and/or @steeven you have any ideas?

Also, to further try to help, I just submitted crash logs. Info is below:

Crash from Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 1:13:03 PM

Local Crash Context: be00a94d-d0d8-470f-9098-2b51490f6940

Crash from Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 1:10:09 PM

Local Crash Context: e5cc1115-ec00-42f7-a49d-9ca0810f5b80

Crash from Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 1:09:59 PM

Local Crash Context: bc7a26b5-af78-43b3-9e56-fa1ab9d4516d

Hi @elidumitru thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please be advised that we ask that when posting about an issue you are experiencing to share the information that is reflected in the template and guidelines.
From there we can help provide assistance on the matter.

Have you bee able to replicate this issue on either Brave Nightly or Beta?
It looks to be working fine on 1.42 or higher.

Do let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

Salty,

Yes, I did my best to follow the template, but it was difficult for me to follow. The field for me to type into was very small and I completed all of the parts of the template I could see.

Anyway, what are Brave Nightly and Beta?

My Brave browser is

Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank You,

Eli

~WRD000.jpg

Ooh, I don’t know if something pushed through since but I did see an update that required me to restart the browser. I’m now on
Version 1.41.100
and, as you said, it seems to be working as intended. Whereas earlier I had the crashes such as you should have seen in the logs.

Can you do a favor and test it on your end? Earlier I experienced the same problem as you but now it seems resolved. I want to see if it’s the same with you.

They are different versions of Brave.

This is our official release version of Brave, with new releases landing approximately every four weeks.

Brave Beta is an early preview for new versions of Brave. This build showcases the newest advances that we’re bringing to our browser.

Brave Nightly is our testing and development version of Brave. The releases are updated every night and may contain bugs that can result in data loss.

Summary

Brave Nightly = One that’s in production and might have errors. It can let you get extremely early access to new features and everything. You are more likely to experience issues on this, but it’s not that bad.

Brave Beta is what’s soon to be released. Things should be code complete but you’re still a bit of a testing. You’ll just be a version or two ahead of the normal build.

Brave Release is the normal version of the browser. At this stage things should be working flawlessly but there still will be issues that can come up, just not as frequently.

That said, all builds tend to do well.

OK, I tried it again and it worked this time.
Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome. Do us a favor and mark one of the comments here as the solution, that way we know it’s not something that needs attention for the future.

Not sure what you want me to do.

Someone wrote: “Ooh, I don’t know if something pushed through since but I did see an update that required me to restart the browser. I’m now on”

So, yeah, I don’t know what made it work either.

Eli

~WRD000.jpg

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.