Brave crashes when closing 3rd tab

Periodically Brave will repeatedly crash if I try to close the 3rd of 3 (unpinned) tabs that are open. Using Windows 7 desktop.

Brave: 0.16.9
rev: fba98fcb091b3abfa18aba7c6c0db0c7aa343589
Muon: 4.0.3
libchromiumcontent: 59.0.3071.86
V8: 5.9.211.31
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: dev
os.platform: win32
os.release: 6.1.7601
os.arch: x64

Hi @jbclaypool

Could you please provide additional information such as:

• do you have any pinned tabs at all?
  • are you using private browsing?
  • is it always the same site that crashes in your 3rd tab? Or are the sites always different?
  • how many Brave windows do you have open?

Any additional information you have that could help narrow down the steps to reproduce your problem would be helpful.

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi, I have the same issue. When I close the 4th tab, the whole window closes (3 times in succession today). I had just closed about 4 other tabs, and was trying to close them all except the 2 that I needed.

I immediately tried to check for any updates, and I got a message at the bottom of the screen in Czech (or a language that looks similar which I do not read). I am connected in Hungary (different language area) but I can only manage messages in English anyway. So I am not sure what the message said, maybe about cookies?

I have seen now that I am running the most recent version of Brave.

No pinned or private tabs. When I opened some more tabs, I was then able to close them all OK, so the problem has resolved itself for me for now, but it is still a bug that seems to be present in the system.
Hope this info is useful.

Best Regards,
David

PS: Thanks for a great browser - I try to use it most of the time.

I have 4 pinned tabs–but they do not stay pinned anymore. Everytime I close Brave, the pinned tabs disappear. I don’t use private browing. It’s not the same site. Only one window open with multiple tabs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.