Brave crashes immediately

I had the same issue and installed the v1.3.114 fix above and It is working now. It was crashing every time I opened the browser.

For anyone still experiencing browser crashes caused by Sync, we have a new test build ā€“ v1.3.115 ā€“ that automaticallly disables Sync and should stop the crashes. Weā€™ll be fixing the Sync issues causing the crashes in the interim:

1 Like

After installing the fix for windows 64 my Brave browser is back and is no longer crashing! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Updated to Version 1.3.114 Chromium: 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) but still crashed/closed.
Disabled Sync and no more crashes.
Thanks Mattches for calling out Sync as known.

1 Like

the fix worked for me win x64

1 Like

The fix worked for me. Win 10 Pro x64.

1 Like

@RuneDarracur @aistatic ā€“ can you confirm for me whether youā€™re referring to the 1.3.114 fix that worked for you, or was it to v1.3.115?

For those of you who are still crashing, can you please try the following build? This will disable sync temporarily until we fix the crashes and stabilize the feature:

Would appreciate some feedback if the crashes have stopped with the above build. If they havenā€™t, can you please provide the Crash Report ID of the crashes under brave://crashes . You might need to submit them first if you have ā€œReport Crashesā€ disabled (which is the default setting) :+1:

I had immediate crash on win10 enterprise x64 1903.
v1.3.114 fixed the issue for me.

v1.3.115 fixed it for me.

With v1.3.115 I tried 3 times and windows crashed two times

@mr.Natural,

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

Youā€™ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

If you canā€™t keep the browser open long enough to reach that setting, you can follow the same steps used in the solution to this thread to work around it:

@Mattches I installed 1.3.115 and it has been working all day without a crash.

1 Like

Version 1.3.115 also crashed here within a couple of minutes, unfortunately. Iā€™ve never had Sync enabled.

I opened Brave again to get the crash reports to list here, but while I was trying to figure out how to do that, Brave crashed and closed itself again. :unamused:

Nope, v1.3.115 is still crashing Windows

EDIT: And I never use Sync or Extensions in the first place

Problem reappearedā€¦ Iā€™ve send 30 or 40 logs of the crashes. Sometime they happen immediately, other times they happen after a few seconds.

1 Like

Immediate crashing here with Brave Beta on my Windows 10 laptop. If I download a new version, will it delete any of my data?

@Mason @davidleblanc @mr.Natural @Cybertooth,
Thank you all for updating us on this ā€“ the team has been informed and weā€™re digging through crash symbols on our end to root out the issue. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

@Mason,
Can you try downloading the stable build of Brave and seeing if you get the same results?

What data will be lost? (body too similar to recent post that accidentally wasnā€™t a reply)