Brave crashes immediately after opening (within one second)

Description of the issue:
Brave crashes immediately after opening (within one second). This behavior started right after I added a Profile. Yesterday, I noticed the default profile icon/avatar in my Taskbar on my open Brave window. Today, I tried to set that profile up. It went through a new user setup, as soon as I reached the end of that setup (I think), Brave crashed and has continued to crash.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Unfortunately, the only step is to double-click the Brave icon (on my desktop, taskbar, or hitting Windows button on keyboard and typing “Brave”). All the ways to start Brave result in immediate crash.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I’m unable to get a screenshot because it crashes so quickly.

Expected result:
For Brave to open successfully.

Reproduces how often:
Every single time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10.0.18363 N/A Build 18363
Brave version (pulled from install location: 85.1.13.82

Additional Information:
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Brave, no change in behavior.
I tried opening in incognito/private mode (using command line), no change in behavior.

Hello @cjp147

go to the shortcut of your brave then right click then under shortcut tab on target area
"C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --guest .

add the --guest space then --guest to whatever there

that will start brave in guest mode just to check it work cause it looks like you have issue with your default profile or maybe the default and the new one that you just created

hope that help and have a nice day

Whoa! Thanks @justsomeone1. I tried it with --guest. It worked, but opened two separate windows/instances, which I thought was odd. So I removed the --guest and tried again, then it opened as expected. Everything seems to be there and working. Thanks so much for the help!!

you welcome and glad it helped and have a nice day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.