Brave crashes at the time of clicking on 'Brave Shields'

My Brave Browser crashes every time at the time of clicking on active ‘Brave Shields’(ad blocking icon). I am using Brave version 1.2.42 on Windows 10 v1909. The same thing(crashes) also happened on Brave version 1.2.41.
It crashes when the Brave Shield is active but nothing happened on new tab/ settings(because, it remains off on these pages).Screenshot_1

@Ashik640,
Can you tell me if you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

Yes, i’m currently using 3 extensions.

1. Open With(Open With)
  2. IDM Integration Module
  3. Google Translate.

I’m also using these extension on Chrome and Microsoft Chromium, and they are working just fine.

@Ashik640,
Can you please try disabling the extensions temporarily and try to click on the Shields icon and see if you get the same results?

Yes, I have just done what you’ve told me to do and the result is still same. Brave is crashing.

@Ashik640,
Perhaps this is the issue you’re encountering?

Go to brave://flags, search for a flag called #extensions-toolbar-menu and set the value for it to Disabled. Make sure you relaunch the browser when prompted. Now see if you get the same results.

1 Like

Oh, yes. I’ve enabled the flag 1 month ago. Yes, I’ve disabled this #extensions-toolbar-menu flag and it solved my problem. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

@Ashik640,
You’re very welcome – sorry for the inconvenience!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.